Wordle: Kim

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Thing #6






I loved making the jigsaw puzzle. I used a picture of my daughter and me. I thought it would make a great puzzle due to all the blue in the background. I think kids would love this! Matter of fact, I'm hoping that KISD doesn't block it because I would like my publication students to play around with it.

The trading card maker was another awesome tool. I would love to have students use this when they are researching authors, poets, and/or other people. Every year one teacher has the kids make a hand made trading card to give to their favorite teacher. I can't wait to share this site with the teacher so the students can make really professional trading cards next year that will wow the teachers even more. Again, hopefully, I can get to this site while at school because now that the yearbook is done, I think my publications students would enjoy making trading cards.


I have to confess that I still don't feel I have conquered this all this web 2.0 stuff. I had to call a friend and ended up asking my daughter for help. I always find it difficult to get my creations (like the the puzzle and trading card) saved to my blog. As I type this, I started laughing. I feel like I'm on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" and I'm using my lifelines to complete this task.







3 comments:

  1. Lifelines are a good thing when dealing with the 2.0 world. No one can know it all! Accept help and then just pay it forward. Everyone benefits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice! I'm glad paying it forward doesn't mean that I actually have to pay my daughter. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. My teenagers actually enjoy helping me. For a change, Mommy does not know everything. I am glad I have them nearby, so when I yell, "Help!" there are three rescuers standing by.

    ReplyDelete